Make mine a latte!
An Ojai friend, Jodi Womack, makes a good case for allocating a generous latte budget under client advertising and business networking...
Blog Post: Why I spend too much on coffee
"Yesterday, we talked about the “Latte Factor.” He estimated that 40% of his business comes from people seeing him around town! Folks see him and say, “Oh yeah, I was just thinking of calling you…”
Imagine that for a moment… 40% of your business coming from enjoying lattes, eating out for lunch and hanging out at happy hour."
Some final pointers from her blog post...
Here’s my spin on 7 benefits of “Jodi’s Latte Factor”:
- Going to the coffeeshop gets me up, showered, and dressed for the day. (No working in my PJ’s all day for me!)
- I see what’s new in the world; skim a few newspapers, post to Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter on my phone.
- I get introduced to people I might not otherwise socialize with. (*Note: this works both ways. Sometimes I work on building stronger boundaries…)
- I share what events I have scheduled, talk about my business, hand out business cards, and listen to their questions.
- I schedule back-to-back-to back meetings there. (*Super efficient: I save tons of time by not driving all over town.)
- I’m visible and in person, in an otherwise virtual company.
- I caffeinate!
So, consider adding some public appearances to your morning routines. Build in a little latte time and a budget, and see if it creates some new business connections.